"American Leftist Liberal" Views on Iran
You may be surprised but Leftist Liberal Americans have the same views on Iran and Persians as "White Nationalist Americans".
The main theme of Mr. Robert Lindsay (The Picture above) blog is to confuse azeri turks with Persians with such quotes as
- "The Sassanid Empire, one of the most prominent empires in the world in the period of 200-600, and a rival to the Roman Empire, was ruled by Azerbaijani Iranians."
- Secondly to imply that Persians are of "an inferior race" and Hitler was mistaken about the origin of Persians!!!
- Thirdly to promote "Iranian Nationalism" and "Anti-Arabism" and "Racism" all under the cover of being a "Champion of human rights" and for "Racial-Equality".
Also he claims "Iranian nationalism" is something from ancient times and the concept of "Iranian" was not invented in 18 century but it was the universal name of inhabitants of Iran. The purpose of these claims is to include Azeri Turks as "Iranians" into an imaginary history of Persia, where Azeri Turks become founders of Persian Empire under the Sassanid dynasty in 500 BC.
Also it even goes further and tries to instigate conflicts between Iraqi Sunnis and Shias too by insulting Iraqis. Mr. Lindsay blog is a good example of "Liberal Champions of Human Rights" agenda for Iranians.
My experience with these American "Liberals" has gone through the following stages:
- Firstly: Americans "Liberals" first pose as "champions of human rights" when you raise an objection about why Azeri Turks portray Persians in Hollywood movies. They accuse you of racism and deny there are any Persians in Iran.
- Secondly: American "Liberals" suddenly change position and state that "Yes. Persians are of African Origin" and "Accept the reality" and "Deal with it". This kind of comment shows that these "Champions of Human Rights" are actually extremely racist people and do not believe a word of what they say. American "Liberals" say one thing in public about African Americans and laugh behind the closed the door at African Americans.
- Thirdly American "Liberals" who were posing as neutral observers of Iran just a few minutes earlier, suddenly become experts about Iran's ethnicities and their genetic makeup and claim either "All Iranians are actually half-Arabs" or "All Iranians are Turks".
Here are some passages from Mr. Robert Lindsay Blog:
About Mr Robert Lindsay:
- Location: Madera, California
Independent Left journalist in California.
- Revolutionary, Christian, liberation theology, replacement theology, civil libertarian, mixed economy"
- Most people do not realize that the famed Shah of Iran was actually a blood and soil Persian supremacist ethnic nationalist, primordialist volkisch fascist along the same lines as Hitler's Nazis and Milosevic's Serbs. Yet it is true - in fact, the Shah even formed an alliance with Nazi Germany.
- The Nazis attempted to form all sorts of alliances with people they mistakenly regarded as genetic inferiors - including Bosnian Muslims, Palestinian and Iraqi Arabs, Ukrainian, White Russian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian rightwing nationalists, Iranians and some of the upper-caste peoples of East India.
- The piece notes the Western deceit that modern nationalism began with the Treaty of Westphalia in 1600's Europe, when the principle of inviolable national borders was first codified. In fact, this is a Western narcissistic view. Other nations, in particular Persians and Iranians, have a long history of what could be called nationalism, depending on how one defines the term, dating back maybe 2500 years to Cyrus the Great.
- The piece goes on to discuss the minorities question in modern Iran. Most people do not recognize that Persian and Iranian are not synonymous. Persian is an ethnic group, but Persians only constitute 51% of all Iranians. Azerbaijanis are a huge group in the northwest, constituting 23%.
- The Sassanid Empire, one of the most prominent empires in the world in the period of 200-600, and a rival to the Roman Empire, was ruled by Azerbaijani Iranians. This culture, to many, represents the pinnacle of Iran's power in the world. Its religion was Zoroastrianism and it was characterized by great tolerance towards religious minorities, especially Christians and Jews.